CeCe Winans' New Album Release

Truly inspired in every sense of the word, Grammy Award Winner, CeCe Winans released her 8th solo project Thy Kingdom Come, today. The album is a celebration of the heart, soul and spirit of gospel music.
.
Purified, CeCe’s chart-topping 2005 release, saw the singer entertaining her pop sensibilities, proving once again that she excels at interpreting buoyant, life-affirming songs that a wider audience could embrace. But Thy Kingdom Come is different: it finds the gospel veteran going back to what she does best, namely, lavishing honor and glory upon the King of Kings, while rallying His people to live like royal priesthood.
.
Not one to pick favorites, she says she loves both ends of the spectrum. But something about singing for God and His church strikes a cord in her that not even the most uplifting, stirring pop tune can. “Singing for God and his people, It’s more home for me,” she says. “I’m most comfortable because I don’t even have to think hard. It’s something I love and I’ve been doing it for a long time. It comes from the heart. It touches the heart. I get lost in His will. I guess I have more fun shouting from the mountaintop.”
.
And shout she does; Thy Kingdom Come is one of the most empowering, moving collections of songs CeCe has recorded thus far.
.
MIMI Features Link: CeCe Winans Sister To Sister
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...