Blanton Art Museum

The majority of my school day was spent at the Blanton museum in downtown Austin for a school field trip. Although we were required to answer specific questions about certain paintings i was able to take a few photographs of some of my favorite pieces. I am slightly jaded when it comes to the Blanton because of my frequent visits as an art student, so there are probably several other pieces that are interesting - i've just tired of looking at them.

The piece that stood out the most for me was a series of four small paintings by Dean Fleming. They were particularly inspiring because they reminded me of the work i am currently creating in AP Art. The triangular shapes presented in his work gave the impression of 3-D pyramids from a birds eye view. I have decided that i would like to utilize the color schemes present in his work as well as the careful symmetrical arrangement of the triangles to create a sculpture of my own.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...