Washington D.C. ... did it really happen?

Although i failed to make a post about my trip to Washington D.C., i assure you, it happened. Stepping out of Union Station was a bit of a shocker. I had never been to the east coast before the trip and had never been anywhere remotely like Washington DC. It was gorgeous, the weather was much cooler than the 80 degree days here in Austin and the stateliness of the city was breathtaking.

While in DC i did manage to finagle a shopping trip or two - of course. I payed my first visit to an H&M, which was slightly disappointing but i did pick up a thick-knit sky blue scarf and a pea coat-like moto jacket. My mom and I later made our way to Filene's Basement (I'm not sure if that the right name?) and i found a cashmere dress, a ruffled black jacket, and a Kate Moss for Topshop flapper dress (SCORE!). Aside from the shopping we visited several museums and i got to wear high heels! that's got to be the biggest news, I never wear heels in Austin, but in DC they seem to fit right in.

Lily Cole, W Magazine

On a final note - my friend and i are collaborating on a new Title image for the blog. The one i have right now is not my original work and i'd like to put something a little more personal - and legal- up. You can check out his blog HERE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...