Sheer Thing

When I first saw the Prada F/W 08 Line I was initially underwhelmed. It took some time and a handful of beautifully shot editorials for me to understand the simplicity and elegance present in the collection.

I felt that the fashion show itself served only as a gateway for stylists, photographers, and illustrators alike to manipulate and ultimately create the image of an entire trend. The images below are a perfect example of this. They range from the actual fashion show in Milan to a lovely editorial shot by Luis Monteiro to an illustration from Fashion Tale Magazine.
I have found that in many cases it is not the fashion show that "sells" the clothing, but the creativity of those inspired by the fashion shows. The people who pick apart the looks afterwards and put together what seems to be the essence of fashion, something less consumer driven and more inspired.
Photo Cred: Fashion Tale Mag, Style.com, Tatler Mag
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...