Color Kids


When I was four years old I had a read-along book titled Rainbow Brite Saves Spring. This book fascinated me beyond all others but it wasn't the colorful plot that drew my attention, it was the colorful costumes. Each "Color Kid" took on a different hue of the ROY G BIV rainbow. Red Butler, Lala Orange, Canary Yellow, Patty O'Green, Buddy Blue, Indigo, and Shy Violet with their tactful leader Rainbow Brite managed to save the first day of spring from the evil grasp of Murky Dismal with a little help from a flying unicorn. But for me, Murky Dismal was the least of my worries. At the top of my list, only one thing remained clear - I wanted - no, i needed a Color Kid suit. This cross between the Michelin Man and a pack of Skittles was something too grand to resist until I realized that it was beyond my reach. And then Prisca Vilsbøl met Pia de Arce to form Vilsbøl de Arce and together, made my dream come true.

The two met while still in design school in Copenhagen and have been working together since July of 2002. They were recently interviewed for Dazed & Confused magazine, you can check out what they had to say HERE.

Image from Dazed Digital
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...