Claire


Miss Claire Healy from Young Shields blog for Grazia.IT.

Head on over to Grazia.IT for an article on Claire which you can find here.

I first met Claire in July 2009 when we were both asked to go on a blogger's daytrip to Paris organised by Eurostar. Claire was still at school and I recall that she had to get her parent's permission to attend. Then, in September last year, I bumped into Claire again at London Fashion Week when I randomly asked if I could take her photograph.....except, to my utter embarrassment, I didn't recognise her. Claire had grown up!

Claire is now reading English literature at Cambridge University and on her uni break about a month ago, I took a trip to her family home in a sleepy Essex seaside town to take some portraits of her for Grazia. I think Claire was suppose to be working her way through the complete works of Shakespeare (her desk was stacked high with library books) but I managed to entice her away from her reading for a couple of hours ;)

I love Claire's simple, fresh, girly style (she says it leans towards the scruffy but I disagree!)- she loves vintage but not in an obvious "I am wearing head-to-toe vintage" way. The olive sweater in the photographs below (with the blue skirt) is vintage YSL she picked up for a bargain from a charity shop near her home. She is rarely without a dainty necklace (given to her by her boyfriend) and although she adores rings, she is too prone to losing them to wear them regularly.

White dress from Topshop. Blanket courtesy of Claire's mama's couch!

Striped t-shirt from Irish designer Paul Costelloe, and vintage leather shorts. Claire's favourite designers include Jean-Charles de Castelbajac, Peter Pilotto, Louise Gray and Christopher Kane.





Claire's blue-green nail polish is from Topshop as is the blue skirt. Her cute clogs are from Moheda.



I loved Claire's collection of snow globes (she is in competition with a friend for the most interesting collection) and her huge telescope for looking at the night sky (her boyfriend gave it to her) which sounded all rather complicated to use but looked impressive!

We headed to the beach (complete with quintessential English beach huts and dogs frolicking in the water) to catch some afternoon light.



p.s. You can click on the collages to make them slightly larger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...