Indian Dreams

Hello Lovelies!
I'm so sorry it's been so long since my last post!
I promise I'm alright, I haven't died...
I've actually been quite the busy bee lately. I just started a new job and I've been working on my fall class schedule. I'll be taking a couple of archaeological classes
as well as a class on the history of Indian religion.
There's something so beautiful, exotic and seductive about India.
Everything is so colorful and spectacular with a history that is as complex and rich as it is deep.
I grew up in a town with an extremely large Hare Krishna population, the largest in the world, actually...so Indian culture has always been (somewhat) a part of my life. It is, to me, beautiful in every way.

Krishna and Radha

Bringing me to the topic of today's post...My sister and I have both
been on a bit of a Indian-themed kick lately. Bangles, Sarees, Choli, Mehndi; I just can't get enough!

Traditional Saree

Traditional Mehndi

Chamak by Priya Kakkar

Luckily, hints of Indian style are popping up on the runways and in department stores across the globe.



















Saree-esque draping, jewels and embellishments...I do believe I'm in heaven.
(Dress by Tibi)


Top Akiko

I'm a little pressed for time, so I can't upload all of the Indian inspired items
that I found, but I hope you enjoy these pictures.
Go out, buy yourself some embellished caftans, harem pants and bangles...
I don't think this trend can EVER go out of style.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...