Charles Anastase Spring 2011

Anastase's s/s 2011 collection made me want to melt. Once again, my flower child within was ignited - but this time with more reservations. The collection was not so much "hippy dippy" as it was 50s house wife meets cloud dwelling air fairy. This was refreshing because A.) i think it's time to put an end to my Angel Blake madness and B.) It was nice to see a new (possibly Alexa Chung inspired) outlook on the dreamy, ethereal qualities of the looks I seem to be eternally obsessed with. The creamy, pastel pallette and translucent fabrics were complimented by towering platforms akin to those worn by a young Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver - Of which I drooled over while watching the 1976 classic. The collection itself was not swaddled in floral wreaths and garlands, its reference to the two was less concrete. This intangibility was originally what drew me to the collection.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...