Louis Vuitton Ads Banned in UK

Hello Lovelies!

Louis Vuitton learned a valuable lesson this week...
a lesson that many of our mothers
taught us as soon as we were old enough to walk.

*Honesty is the best Policy*

It seems that the people in charge of LV advertising thought it would be
profitable to
produce ads suggesting that each and every Louis Bag
is made by hand.

Doesn't the seamstress look angelic with her bees wax, thread, and leather tools?
I'm sure lots of TLC went into each and every painstaking stitch.
Cue the heartwarming music!

There's only one little problem.
Louis bags are not handmade, they're made (mostly) by machine.
LV claims that there are over 100 steps put into
producing each bag, and that hand sewing machines are necessary for
some aspects because this method is
"more secure and necessary for strength, accuracy and durability".

(Scratch the music, my dreams are shattered!)

The Advertising Standards Agency (ASA)
deemed the ads "misleading" and pulled them from the market.

Personally, I don't care how my
Louis Vuitton bags are made as long as they don't fall apart.
Obviously, if I buy this handbag,
I'll be able to put my leg behind my head like Madonna.
When did we all begin taking magazine ads so seriously?!

Although, I have to admit,
it's a million times more "poetical" believing that my bag was
made by "angel girl" in the first picture than like this:

What are your thoughts on the matter?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...