Make A Fashion Statement, Fight the Oil Spill

Hello Lovelies!
Happy Tuesday!
Those who know me will probably tell you that I'm
not exactly a radical, outspoken political/environmental activist.
Yes, I love wildlife and the environment and I do love a good political
debate, but for the most part, I like to keep
my opinions to myself.
However, here we are, 58 days after the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico
and still, no significant progress is being made
to clean it up or stop it.
Last night, the president finally made a formal address to the nation regarding the disaster. It only took him 2 months, but hey...he's a busy
man right?
Please!
I don't understand why Washington is dragging it's feet on the issue.
BP has done nothing but get in the way and slow down the process of the clean up, they should never have had this much time to fix the problem.
In the meantime,
people within the Gulf States, myself included, are having to sit
and watch as our beautiful beach ecosystems are destroyed.

I came across the shirt above on Polyvore last night.
It's available from David & Goliath Tees.
They cost $20 and 100% of the profits will go to the National Wildlife Federation to help fight the effects of this disaster.



What are you're thoughts on the spill?
Are any of you readers out there fellow Gulf Coasters?
Let me know, never be afraid to stand up and let your voice be heard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...